Scroll down the page to view all information.
* Prince of Peace Lutheran Church Campus is currently closed due to COVID-19.
* ONLINE WORSHIP IS AVAILABLE AT HTTP://WWW.POP.LC/VIDEO
* Pastor Micah and Pastor Dan explain COMMUNION DURING ONLINE WORSHIP. WATCH VIDEO HERE.
* Faith at Home Weekly Devotion #8 | WATCH VIDEO HERE.
COME BACK PLAN
We miss each of you! It is our desire to COME BACK together as soon as possible and as SAFELY as possible.
WATCH VIDEO | Pastor Micah and Pastor Dan share the criteria, plans and guidelines for returning to public worship.READ MORE HERE
CRITERIA FOR COMING BACK:
1. We will comply with the direction and most current guidelines of the State of Texas.
2. We will conduct ministries, including public worship services, only when we are comfortable that we can do so safely.
3. We will conduct ministries, including public worship, only when we are ready, meaning: we have a clear plan and are prepared to execute the plan.
PLAN FOR RETURNING TO PUBLIC WORSHIP:
As of May 8, 2020, we will continue to worship online (live stream) only through the month of May. We continue to consider these important factors as we develop a plan to return to public worship:
1. The high engagement and quality of our current live stream services.
2. The safety and health of each of you, and especially those who are most vulnerable to complications related to contracting COVID-19.
3. What we learned and gleaned from the survey. (Thanks for participating!)
4. Balancing our desire to be together with aspects of worship that make the gathering meaningful and impactful. For example, is worship meaningful and impactful if everyone is wearing a cloth mask (including Pastors and Praise Band) and the Lord’s Supper is not celebrated?
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR RESUMING PUBLIC WORSHIP:
The implementation date for our coming back plan will be determined by assessing the guidelines from the state of Texas, the safety and needs of Prince of Peace, and public perception as it relates to public gatherings. We believe these minimum requirements need to be met before resuming public worship.
1. Cloth masks are not required for worship.
2. The Lord’s Supper can be safely celebrated at all public worship services.
3. Effectively increase the necessary precautions relative to cleanliness.
4. Development of clear guidelines to be observed while attending worship.
Brothers and Sisters in Christ, live in the freedom of the Gospel rather than fear!
We are called to be wise and discerning, not paranoid. The Holy Spirit is working in and through each of you. Our Lord is faithful and will guide us. We invite you to join us in prayer as we faithfully work through what is best for our faith community.
Prince of Peace’s Job Transition Ministry (JTM) is for individuals who have been recently unemployed, due to any type of situation. It is our desire to walk alongside you, listen, pray, provide spiritual resources and encourage you during your journey. The JTM is not . . . READ MORE.
FRUSTRATED? LONELY? SAD?
Stephen Ministry is here to HELP! Stephen Ministers are kind, loving, trained volunteers. Your conversations are completely confidential.
FOOD PANTRY DONATIONS
As more people face unemployment, the number of families requesting food assistance will increase. It is our desire to prepare now to serve hungry families in the weeks and months ahead.ITEMS NEEDED & MORE
* Monetary donations: GIVE HERE
* Paper bags with handles (high need)
* Chunky soups
* Canned chili
* Pop Tarts
* Granola Bars
* Canned tuna and chicken
* 1 lb. bags/boxes of spaghetti
* Toilet Paper
* Paper Towels
Items may be dropped off at the Prince Of Peace Lutheran Church campus on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9:00 AM and noon. Please use the tubs located by the east entrance to the Worship Center. For everyone’s safety, please do not enter the building and practice social distancing.
If you would rather arrange a time to deliver your donations or have someone pick them up, please email Shelly Jackson at or call her at 214-394-5166.
DAVE RAHBERG’S RETIREMENT
Dave Rahberg is retiring after 42 years of ministry as a Director of Christian Education. Thirteen of those years have been with Prince of Peace! THANK YOU, DAVE!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Celebrate God’s work through Dave and his wife, Carree! POPLC is hosting a reception…MORE HERE.
UPDATE: June 3, 2020
SERIES: HE REIGNS | THE BOOK OF REVELATION
Join us for Online Worship at http://www.pop.lc/video each Sunday at 8:00 am (traditional) and 9:30 am (contemporary).
June 7, 2020 | The Church in Ephesus | Revelation 2:1-7
The seven churches of Revelation were commended and challenged to hold onto the promises of victory through Jesus, no matter the difficulty.
Pastor Micah explains the “He Reigns” Series – WATCH HIS VIDEO HERE
A Light Unto My Path
PASTOR MICAH’S DAILY DEVOTION:
Join Pastor Micah’s daily devotion Mondays – Saturdays at 8:00am on Facebook Live.
Watch at http://pop.lc/facebook.
PASTOR DAN’S BIBLE STUDY
Join in the discussion and study of Exodus on Tuesdays at 7:30 am.
Watch at http://www.pop.lc/video
Faith at Home Devotion Week 8:
To help you and your family prepare for worship on Sunday, June 7, this week’s Faith at Home devotion focuses on Revelation 2:1-7.
WATCH VIDEO HERE.
THREE WAYS TO GIVE TO POPLC
1. If you already give regularly online through the Prince of Peace portal, thank you!
3. If you regularly give on Sundays during worship services, we encourage you to:
a. Setup an online giving schedule or
b. Mail your check directly to Prince of Peace Lutheran Church at 4000 Midway Road, Carrollton, Texas 75007
FAITH AT HOME
We believe FAITH begins in the HOME and is where FAITH is LIVED out daily!