What: Student Leadership Group
Who: 9th – 12 Grade Students
When: 3rd Sunday of the Month at 6:30pm
Where: Youth Center
What is Student Leadership Group (SLG)?
Lead is an essential word in our world. It causes us to have a sense of purpose, drive and motivation. The church is looking for the youth of today to step up and make a difference. Will you answer the call of Christ? He wants to use you!
Student Leadership Group is an application-based program to train, encourage and support high school students at Prince of Peace through a Biblical model of leadership training. SLG offers opportunities for high students to grow their Christ-centered leadership skills by actively planning and implementing Confirmation and high school activities.
What are the goals of Student Leadership Group?
SLG desires to build-up leaders within the Youth Ministry through the following goals:
1. With the help of the Holy Spirit, facilitate students to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Build character, strengthen self-confidence and build experiences that are often sought out by colleges.
3. Develop servant leaders at POP (volunteering, teaching Sunday School, mentoring, planning events, etc.).
Who’s included & when?
Students interested in participating in the Student Leadership Ministry should meet the following qualifications:
1. Entering 9th-12th grade in the fall of 2019
2. Active participant in POP Youth ministry
3. Submit an online application (available by contacting Jeremiah Bauer)
4. Have an in-person interview with Youth Ministry leadership
5. Commit to participating in scheduled meetings and activities
SLG meets the third Sunday of each month at 6:30pm in the Youth Center.
Questions about SLG? Contact Jeremiah Bauer.